Grab Me a Poem

Grab me a Poem!

© Shadi Shidrawi 2015


Time is too short

Grab a new note
and 
Jot down your poem

jot it down

and encapsulate the time 

age is bending
 
at the pique of iambic rhyme 

amending


your struggle may mean nothing

with the crack of dawn

grab a new poem 


time is short
time is short.

You may ask me who am I?

I am these lines, letters 
and words!

jot it down
jot it down

before the break
of a new dawn.

The gentle caressing of rhythm

embalmed within poetic rhyme,

takes your hand and mind

and shows you the charm

of your inner side.

We are what we are!

POETS​​​​ gravelling distances afar!

Slightly wandering 

Giddily humming 

Casting spells on stars....

Jot it down
Jot it down.

Arbitrarily we grope

making quakes on this earth
happen

time is short
time is short.

once a poet

always a poet

what once was

will always be

jot it down
jot it down

it has always been there

and it will ever be

jot it down 

jot it down

Brilliantly Delivered 

Fantastic Lines.


Words of wisdom come and go

Poems last forever.

Jot it down

Jot it down.

Jot it down

before the bending of dawn.

frailties of fame

echoes the hall

Jot it down 
jot it down

time is too short.

take me there
take me there

waiting for your
 
retort. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fly me to...