Reflections of Sunset after the Storm! (vocal version)

Reflections of Sunset After the Storm!
Vocal Version
(c) Shadi Shidrawi 2015

Reflections of my wondrous wistful wishes,
The sun sets straight out of grey clouds over the horizon;

Guiding me,
Striking,
Showing me that,
There is always light
and hope
after the storm.

Experiences we live
and learn.
My story in  poetic
dramatic 
sunset
effects.

There is my world 
of clouds,
Floating with tales.
Tales of Thucydides
and the History of the
Peloponnesian War.
No!
It's the tale of My Land.

A country floating 
without a head 
to guide!

There is thine country,
The storm is at its gates,
Uncouth vigils of barbarians 
awaiting to glide.

But that storm,
Will be stopped! 
My Army
its winds
torrential rain
and cracking thunder
will 
defeat the threat!

And just when,
that is done,
The sun will come out,
so would the poet
from the light. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fly me to...